Mangroves from the Water Book
Producer & host, ‘Masainakum Masoonah’ radio show, Geelong community radio station 94.7 the Pulse. Sep 2018 to now. I have produced 66 episodes to date.
“Mangroves in Southern Victoria”. Presented at the Combined Probus Club of Lara 2018; 17 October 2018
“Mangroves from the Water”. Presented at the Humans in Geelong Expo 2018, Deakin University; 6 October 2018
“Mangroves from the Water”. the World Trade Club Dubai; 24 May 2017
“Health Day Event- Mangroves”, Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital; 26 September 2016
“From Safa to Starchitecture”, Higher Colleges of Technology, Ras al Khaimah, UAE; 10 December 2008
Consultant– Organiser – A Day without Plastic Bags, Ajman City Council, UAE May 2017
CEO, Mangroves Festival 2017; Mar 2016 – Apr 2017
- Umm Al Quwain, UAE, 18 – 21 Mar. 30 artists.
- In partnership with the Umm Al Quwain Government in association with the Sharjah Higher Colleges of Technology, Wasit Wetland Reserves and UAE ministries and schools.
- Achieved a partnership with the UAQ Government to host fine art, music, heritage and scientific exhibitions, workshops, tours and art competitions along with sporting events (walking and traditional rowing) in location in the mangroves over four days to raise awareness of the beauty and ecological importance of the mangroves regions of the UAE in order to protect them.
- Lead the Mangroves from the Water Festival 2017 team
Curator of touring exhibition/UAE; Oct 2015 – Mar 2016
- Mangroves from the Water UAE Series, New York University of Abu Dhabi, Environment Agency- Abu Dhabi, Emirates Arts Society, Umm Al Quwain National Museum, thejamjar Dubai- October 2015 to March 2016
- Sought & negotiated sponsorship for the entire series from the Environment Agency- Abu Dhabi.
- Prepared & coordinated all arrangements for 10 artists.
- Liaised & negotiated with artists, galleries & sponsors regarding budgeting, installation, accommodation, tours, timings & placement.
- Coordinated marketing including interviews with artists for MBC Arabia TV & the National newspaper.
- Produced the exhibition booklet.
- Managed all sales at front of house.
- Organised inhouse sketching & sewing workshops (thejamjar). Organised & lead sketching from kayak workshops and boat tours in the Umm Al Quwain mangroves.
- Participated as an artist.Multi-media: painting, film, installations, sculpture, short stories.
Publications through Art Exhibitions & Festivals
Humans in Geelong (appearing in), Snap Printing Geelong, 2019; humansingeelong.com/2020/01/16/humans-in-geelong-books
Zeytoun Millie, Zahidah, ‘Photographer, Enrico’, Humans in Geelong, 26 March 2019; humansingeelong.com/2019/03/26/photographer-enrico
Zeytoun Millie, Zahidah, ‘the Gems, Sam & Trish’, Humans in Geelong, 10 September 2018; humansingeelong.com/2018/09/10/the-gems-sam-trish
Zeytoun Millie, Zahidah, ‘the Barwon Blog, Jo’, Humans in Geelong, 15 July 2018; humansingeelong.com/2018/07/15/the-barwon-blog-jo
Zeytoun Millie, Zahidah, Mangroves from the Water, 18 April 2018; humansingeelong.com/?s=Mangroves+from+the+Water
Mangroves from the Water Exhibition, Mangroves Festival 2017, Umm Al Quwain, March 2017; zahidahart.com/publications/
Steps Gallery, Melbourne, ‘Connection’, August/September 2016
thejamjar Dubai during Dubai Art Fair, ‘Mangroves from the Water 4’, March 2016
New York University of Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), ‘Mangroves from the Water 1’; October 2015
Alliance Francaise, Dubai, ‘Connection’; November 2014
Tashkeel House, ‘Beauty’, Dubai in ‘Sikka Art Fair 2014’; March 2014
Courtyard Gallery, Dubai ‘Women in Art IX’; November 2013
National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah ‘Ras Al Khaimah from the Mangroves’, March 2013
Happenstance Gallery, London ‘Salon des Refuses’, England; June 2013
Switchback Gallery, Monash University, Gippsland Campus,’Zahidah‘ (solo) curated by Rodney Forbes; July 2012
Monash Prato, Italy, ‘Between Bodies’; July 2010
RAK Hospital, Ras Al Khaimah, ‘Tracking the Emirates, Contemporary Art Exhibition’; April 2010
Higher Colleges of Technology, Ras Al Khaimah, ‘From Al Safa to Starchitecture’ (Solo); December 2008
Majlis Gallery, Dubai; December 2006
Sharjah Art Precinct, Handicapped Guardians Association, ‘Creativity’; April 2002
Majlis Gallery, Dubai; March 2002
Sharjah Art Museum, ‘The 21st Exhibition for Artists’; January 2002
Sharjah Art Museum, ‘Expressions of Faces’; April 2001